If you want to root your Android device or flash an alternative ROM, restart it in download mode, in fastboot mode, or in recovery mode, you need to install ADB, Fastboot, and Google USB driver on your device installed on your computer, In this article, I will show you how to install ADB, Fastboot tools and the Google USB driver in 15 seconds!
How to install ADB, Fastboot, and Google USB driver in 15 seconds!!
ADB and Fastboot are two tools that can send commands to an Android device connected to the PC via USB. They both have different functions:
ADB (Android Debug Bridge): ADB allows you to send commands and control your Android device from your computer via USB. you must first enable USB debugging on your device, this is a communication between the smartphone and Windows. You can send commands if the Android device is turned on, or when it is in Recovery mode. ADB can be used on rooted or unrooted Android devices, is very useful to the Android community to root, flash new ROMs, Unlock bootloader, Run the “shell” commands, Transfer files to Android device, or just troubleshoot a broken smartphone
Examples of ADB commands:
- adb devices: displays the list of devices connected to the PC.
- adb reboot – restart the device.
- adb install (source.apk): install an APK (application) on the device.
- adb help : This command displays help on ADB commands.
- adb reboot recovery: restart the device in Recovery mode.
- adb reboot fastboot: restart the device in Fastboot mode.
- adb shell (command): execute a Linux command on the device.
- adb sideload update.zip: This command allows you to install files and updates on your smartphone.
- adb pull (source) (destination): copy a file from the device to the PC.
- adb push (source) (destination): copy a file from the PC to the device.
The most common errors of ADB, and their solutions:
- Command Not Found: You have entered the command incorrectly, or it is not compatible with your version of ADB.
- The server is out of date: The ADB version used on your computer is not compatible with your smartphone. All you need to do is update your version of ADB-Tools.
- Waiting for the device: This error is the same as No Device. Your computer does not recognize your smartphone and cannot connect them. You will find the possible solutions in No Device.
- No Device: Your USB cable is not properly connected or your computer does not see the smartphone. Try another USB port or another cable, enable USB debugging, check the driver and restart the smartphone / PC could fix the problem.
Fastboot is a diagnostic tool that allows you to make changes to system files on an Android device from a computer. Restart your mobile in fastboot mode is put in bootloader mode, this mode allows you to flash/modify alternative ROMs, install customs recovery, and flash files in “.img”.
Examples of Fastboot commands:
- fastboot devices : displays the list of devices connected to the PC
- fastboot flash recovery (Recovery File): installs a custom recovery on the device.
- fastboot update (ROM file): update the device ROM.
- fastboot reboot : reboot the device.
Google USB driver:
Google USB drivers are files that must be installed on Windows to recognize an Android phone or tablet so that it can be used via USB. Each smartphone has its own driver.
Read also: How to install official firmware on Samsung Galaxy Devices with Odin
What you need to install ADB, Fastboot and Google USB drivers on your PC:
- Have a computer running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- To install ADB, Fastboot drivers, you have to manually download and install your packages from the SDK manager in Android studio, but To make it easy to install the ADB, Fastboot and Google USB driver, Snoop05 an XDA forum member, created a program is called “15 seconds ADB Installer” automatically installs the latest version of ADB, Fastboot and Google USB drivers in 15 seconds.
- Download 15 seconds ADB Installer: HERE OR HERE OR HERE
install ADB,Fastboot and Android Drivers on your computer
1- Run “adb-setup-1.4.3.exe” file as an administrator.
2- Press “Y” to install ADB,Fastboot, then press “Enter” to confirm.
3- Press “Y” a second time and then confirm By pressing “Enter“.
4- Press “Y” to install the Android USB drivers.
5- Click “Next” to begin installing Google USB drivers.
6-Check the “Always trust software from Google Inc” box and click “Install” to confirm.
7-Click “Finish” to close the installation manager and complete the installation.
8-That’s it, ADB and Fastboot are now installed, To access the ADB and Fastboot tools, go to the C: \ adb folder or C: \ Users \ Username \ adb.
you can now run ADB and Fasboot commands on your Android device.